Amazon

Thursday 25 March 2010

A few things that bug me about Ebay UK.

I started selling on Ebay UK over 8 years ago and I dont know if it is me but I think that Ebay is a really expensive way to sell things online.
A recent example, an item selling with a buy it now for £4.99 cost me 84p in ebay fees alone, paypal fees added another 37p to the cost then I have to pay 20p in the £ tax on the £3.80 odd left which adds nearly another pound on the deal which means the £4.99 turns into roughly £3.00, not much profit on this item for me..
Next thing that bugs me is the fact that if you want your Ebay UK item to display in the USA and Canada you are asked for a further 5p on top of your fees.
Extra photographs for your item 12p each, is these days to me unreasonable, 8 to 10 years ago this was ok due to the small storage capacity of hard drives.
Star rating for Sellers, this should be the same for buyers as the amount of people who dont pay because they have had a death in the family, got run over or the computers blown up etc seems to be on the increase, this combined with the amount of people viewing your auction seemingly decreasing has the effect of driving sellers like myself away from this site.

No comments: